It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt
Why do some people continually achieve great things, others merely dream of bettering themselves? Are people born with some sort of “achievement gene”, or can you learn to be an achiever?
I believe that anyone can accomplish what they desire in life. By been aware of the characteristics of achievers, you really can change your thinking and take action now!
1) Achievers believe in themselves and in their abilities. Self-esteem and self-efficacy go hand in hand in ensuring that the achiever recognises that he is capable of accomplishing what he sets out to do.
2) They are positive thinkers. When they are faced with obstacles or setbacks, an achiever will use his own resourcefulness to get past any hurdles he comes across. A positive attitude, determination and persistence will minimize the impact of anything that may get in the way of success.
3) Achievers recognise and acknowledge their strengths and their talents. We have all been given gifts and talents to be successful in life, and we must use these to the best of our ability. Equally important, we must be willing to share our talents to help others accomplish great things in their lives.
4) They take action. Anyone can dream and set goals, but the achiever is the person who will take action and successfully carry them through.
5) Achievers have a sense of purpose and have an understanding of the meaning of life. They realise that we are here on Earth to reach our full potential. This helps to ensure that people will continually strive to improve their lives, and those of others.
6) They do what is required to reach their goals. Achievers will plan each step to ensure success, and once completed, they will move onto the next step to get closer to attaining their goal.
7) Achievers recognise that if someone else can achieve something, they too can do so. If it is humanly possible, then it is perfectly feasible to accept that you too have the potential of reaching that goal.
Start adopting the mindset of someone who achieves great things. Then take action. Appreciate how wonderful you will feel as you accomplish more and more!
credit: Jan Malloch ; random google quotes
Trump had at one of his Presidential Inaugural Balls on Friday night, asked the audience if he “should keep the Twitter going”.
“Let me ask you, should I keep the Twitter going or not?
“Keep it going? I think so.
“Because the enemies keep saying ‘Oh, that’s terrible’.
“But it’s a way of bypassing dishonest media,” Trump asked the crowd, who cheered in affirmation. Trump also talked about how he broke all the analyses against him and went on to win the presidency.
According to him, he knew for a long time that he would win.
“I knew that I would win; about four weeks to the election, I knew that we would win.” He explained his campaign team’s strategy to win the election, disclosing that two weeks to the poll, they had 42 rallies adding, “incredible!”
The president said his support base was no longer just supporters but “a movement”.
“This (Make America Great Again!) is an incredible movement.
“I mean, the world has never seen something like this before.
“There is nothing like this anywhere in the world,” the president said. He also said that he would bring jobs back to America again.
“The jobs are already coming back. Can’t you see it?”
Trump asked the cheering crowd. According to him, even those who did not like him had told him after the inauguration that “it was incredible!”
Trump, a Republican, was inaugurated on Friday as the 45th president, succeeding former president Barack Obama, a Democrat.
Below are things you should do
Do some research on the company: First thing to do is read and know about the company. Find their website and google their name to get know about the company. If you want to shine in an interview, find a way to systematically throw in the interview what you read about them.
Speak with someone that works in the company: It is always good to speak with someone that works in the company you are interviewing with. If you don’t know anyone there, do not panic, it is easy, for example, but you don’t know anyone there, chances are you will know someone else who works in the oil and gas industry, ask questions.
Check out LinkedIn: Some companies have official LinkedIn pages, check it out. LinkedIn can be helpful. Update your profile and make it accessible to the public.
Rehearse: Before going for an interview, the night or days before, google online on how to answer interview questions, get idea and write how you would answer it yourselves. Ensure you prepare questions on a sheet of paper, hand it over to your brother, sister or friend, or whoever to ask you question, go like two or three rounds, and correct yourselves where it is needed. If you don’t have anyone, do it yourself, either in front of a mirror.
Work on your mind: Most times when you receive an invite for an interview days or weeks ahead. Use these days to do all of the above. Prepare your mind both mentally and psychologically. Make sure you don’t arrive late on the day of the interview, be punctual. Preparation will be your best confidence booster.
Remember success is only guaranteed when opportunity meets preparation
Don’t cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
It is my pleasure and am very delighted to be one of the nominees. Thanks to Lovey for the nomination in the categories of https://femonomics.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/real-neat-blog-award-nominations/ and mystery blog award. I feel honoured and I never saw this coming. I am so grateful. once again thank you.
Answers to the questions are:
- What is your perfect ice cream sundae? vanilla
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?- My parents
- Where do you go to relax? Or what do you do?- Read articles online
- Would you rather it be really hot, or really cold?- neither. moderation is everything
- When was the last time it snowed? well, I am experiencing it now. It is winter season
- What was the last movie you saw?- War room
- Where would you go on a dream vacation? – Well, I have no preference, as long as it is safe and beautiful, I want to be there
SECONDLY FOR THE MYSTERY BLOG AWARD
I am still flabbergasted and excited for this recognition. Thanks again to lovey at https://femonomics.wordpress.com for this nomination.I also want to use this medium to thank the creator of these awards Okoto Enigma. It is my pleasure.
The answer to your questions are:
1. Describe yourself in one word. compassionate
2. Name three of your guilty pleasures. I have not thought of any. sorry!!!!
3. Two regrets of your life? wrong influence and talking to the wrong people
4. Your favorite food item? Fufu and soup
5. Your favorite Book and why? The Lion and the Deer it is an interesting funny story. I love to laugh.
6. Your favorite Film and why? Notebook because it is a love story
A man who has no job got married to a lady who has a well paying job, despite his fears that he would loose his wife for his inability to secure a job. Every month his wife brought her whole salary to her husband, so they can use it to plan their family together.
This continued for a long time, and the wife remain faithful, loving and loyal to her husband. Although, she had friends trying to advise her wrongly saying she was foolish to submit her salary to her husband but she did not listen to them.
Fortunately, her husband got a decent paying job. Her husband been grateful for the wonderful woman in his life bought their first car and gave it to his wife, he never mind taking commercial vehicle and cab to work. When he had work with same company for a longer period of time he got more money to buy another car. This time he took the first used car to drive instead and gave his wife his second new car to drive.
One day, the wife stumbled on a file neatly wrapped, she opened it and saw their wedding pictures. In these pictures she look slimmer and more petite. What surprises her most, was that, her husband had bought a house and on this file was a beautiful note written saying “my wife is all I have got, not even this house which is worth millions”.
Tears dropped from her eyes while reading this lovely piece written by her husband and now she even love, respected and appreciated her husband more. She was happy she did not heed to her friends, rather she stick to the one she exchange vow with.
credit: google image.