“Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body (1Cor 6:18).
SEX IS SPIRITUAL (1COR 6:16)
Sex goes beyond the physical. It is a spiritual transaction between a man and woman. It is a covenant, because it involves blood. It is a free passage way of exchange and transferring of demons, condoms not withstanding. It is an easy avenue for inherited curses and ancestral spiritual battles. It is a key factor in the bounding of souls. Sex with an individual is having sex with every other persons the individual had had sex with. You might want to to take a second look at your promiscuous lifestyle.
SEX DOESN’T JUST HAPPEN
Sexual sin doesn’t just happen by accident, whether consciously or unconsciously, it is planned! It may be, you decide to wear seductive dress when going to see that man you know is interested in you, or you accept a lift from a man you know is interested in your body, or you purposely set yourself up to be alone with that pretty girl that took your fancy. It is usually planned (James 1:14).
SEX: A POWERFUL TOOL IN THE HAND OF THE ENEMY TO CAPTURE ERRING SOULS
Sexual sin is a powerful tool in the hand of the enemy to capture bright and shinning stars. It’s a tool for capturing useful and valuable souls from the camp of God, in order to make them useless and invaluable, and destroyed. It has reduced many a great ministers to a piece of bread. “For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life” (Prov 6:26).
PREPARE TO AVOID AND OVERCOME
The time to overcome sexual sin is when you’re not being tempted. That is, to be victorious in the battle of temptation to sexual sin, you must prepare before the actual battle. Set up rules to safeguard yourself and remain chaste for your God.
ENGAGE THE RULES
Because sex is chemistry it rarely respects anointing, Christian standing, Church titles or Holy Ghost fire baptism. It doesn’t know blood relations either, once it is blood that is flowing in your veins, the only counsel for everyone is, FLEE! (1Cor 6:18). “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall” (1Cor 10:12, also read vs 13).
So, let’s set the rules for the fleeing.
(1) NEVER ALLOW OPPORTUNITY TO MEET DESIRE. That is, you know you’re attracted to an individual opposite sex you may have met in the workplace, church or in the neighborhood (I won’t mention club because a child of God should quit going to clubs), never allow yourself be put in a situation where it would be easy for you two to commit fornication or adultery (in the case of married people).
(2) AVOID UNDISCIPLINED EYE CONTACTS. Many times we do communicate our intentions through our eye contacts or facial expressions, see to it that you maintain a serious and ‘innocent’ looks when in contact with a potential tempter or temptress. Stop leading potential sinful sex partner on with eye contacts. “Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids” (Prov 6:25; 4:25).
(3) As much as possible, AVOID BODY CONTACTS. You may shake hands with opposite sex, but avoid hugging. Also, wait until your wedding night before you and your finance/fiancée will ever engage in any form of kissing (Prov 6:27).
(4) QUIT WATCHING PORN AND FLIRTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHATTING. Anytime you engage in porn, you set yourself aflame of sinful passions. You are also setting yourself up for enemy attacks, because you’re letting your spiritual guard down. The devils are watching you, observing your unguarded moments, and could pounce on you at anytime to destroy you.
(5) BE WATCHFUL AND PRAYERFUL (Matt 6:41). Watch your thoughts and imaginations (Prov 4:23).
(7) Be full of the word of God. Invest in reading and listening to it regularly (Col 3:16).
(7) Have a day of fasting and prayer in the week. Man shall not live by bread alone (Matt 4:4).
And, may the Lord keep us to the end unspotted, in Jesus Name
credit: Raphael Agboola Olanrewaju